Believe it or not, stretching and yoga are totally different things!
How does yoga work?
- In yoga your body is constantly contracting your muscles to hold the positions, which is not a stretch;
- It’s actually creating tension within your body
How does stretching work?
- It makes you completely limp and relaxed
- Your muscles are completely disengaged
- You have a completely different experience, you go further and release the tension that has been trapped inside of your body.
So the release of tension is what the Kika method is all about and that’s why it feels so much different, it is something you must do in order to reset your body!